Looking for the Days

My ultimate goal in life is to be content. Not to be rich, or famous, or a superhero, because quite frankly, that doesn't necessarily bring happiness. Sure, it might be fantastic, but there's is joy anywhere if you look hard enough, regardless of circumstances which cannot be controlled....


One day I want to be comfortable in my skin. So comfortable that I glow with a sense of pride that I'm glad I am who I am. This cannot be achieved by losing weight or a haircut or even a brand new wardrobe - it's something that must come from within. Truthfully, to me, beauty is a spark you give out to those around you that is combusting with happiness. True happiness comes from inside. I want to be so happy that even on my worst days, I ooze contentedness.

A high salary or important title will never provide me with satisfaction. It could buy me an awful lot of tea, but it wouldn't supply inspiration, or a drive to live. Thankfully, I've learnt from a young age what my passion is in; writing, and working with young people who have special needs. Although I'm frequently reminded of the "few jobs" available in any of these aspects I would much rather be happy and take a longer route to get there, than be miserable and trapped in a job I hate.

I suppose I'm longing for the days in which I'm no longer looking for an escape from the world. To have a "time-out" will always be appealing to me (#introvertprobs), yet it's not feasible to simply exist throughout my entire lifetime. Books will always be there to indulge in, however I want to wake up with a desire to get up in the morning, rather than a numbing weight in the pit of my stomach urging me to hide away from the world. I want to live, not just survive.

I'm looking for the days that I no longer seek escape from. Here's to the brighter days to come...

Take care

Comments

Popular Posts