An Unexpected Result

Last weekend I had a slightly crazy, and I say slightly because I'm used to mass craziness, experience. Four flights in five days, my first time wearing heels and simultaneously using a cane in central London, being reunited with my beloved halloumi and falafel wrap in Pret, and winning Premier Digital's Young Blogger of the Year. Hold on... what was that? Um... WHAT?

Pre-September, someone nominated me for this award. Thank you to whoever that was - even being nominated was such a huge surprise. This meant that the mothership and I took a compulsory trip to London for the award ceremony, where the winners would be announced for the first time. You know when there are prize givings but the winners know they are winning? Yeah, this was not that. 

Never in a million years did I expect to win this, and by that, I mean I started clapping when they announced the winner of this title because I had my brain autotuned to accept to be happy regardless of what the outcome was. Shocking.  

The greatest blessing of all was being surrounded with so many people all seeking to further the Kingdom of God in unique and individual ways. I was given a small glimmer of insight into what God is doing through His people, and He is always doing immeasurably more. What a blessing!


I didn't win because I am superior or because I deserve this. But rather, it's a bit of an encouragement from God. It was a little light and nudge in the darkness saying, 'Keep writing. Keep going. I will reward.' Not necessarily a reward on Earth, but it was an acknowledgement. We don't all get awards as encouragement, don't get me wrong, yet I still take it as one. 

Life can be immeasurably hard. Keep going. This may not be fancy, but take it from me, God sees exactly what you're doing. He has grace to cover the wrongs, change to implement if you let Him, and love for who you innately are. 

I don't really know what to say, hence I've kind of not said anything at all. But, thank you. Thank you for reading my incessant rambles. Thank you for all your encouragements. Thank you for giving me grace when I make mistakes. Thank you for returning to read more. Thank you for journeying through what this blog has been and will become. 

This is crazy.
Life is crazy.
But that's the grace of God. 

Take care.

'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.' Colossians 3:23-24.


Comments

Popular Posts