If I Could Be Anything...

Imagine having a full reign on your future. Personally, I believe that we are in charge of some aspects of our fate, but there is a plan set out for us with other uncontrollable parts also having an impact on where we end up. But can you imagine being any person you ever wanted? Having anything you would ever need?


I wouldn't opt for money, large possessions, or a large households (puh-lease, who wants to clean that many rooms?). I wouldn't opt for fame either; I like my privacy. I can't imagine me wishing to "re-do" any parts of my life either. I mean sure, there are things I would like to change, but ultimately, that would be changing the choices I'm making now, right?

If I could be anyone. If I could be anything. I would be a better version of myself.

Outwardly, my face would no longer resemble a marshmallow, my arms wouldn't jiggle, and my stomach wouldn't splurge. My bones wouldn't suffocate under layers and layers of fat. I would blend in easily with my peers, and no longer be "big", but tiny and dainty; enough to fade away without anyone noticing.

I would be smarter and sportier and kinder. I would be more patient and caring and a better listener. I would write as if worlds were exploding from my finger tips and I would fulfil all of my dreams. I wouldn't get demotivated or so damn sad that I couldn't function. My brain would work systematically. Things wouldn't overlap or become "too much". Waking up would be easy, and going to sleep would be natural.

If I could do anything, I would make sure that everyone knows they are precious in some way. I would never let a child believe that they aren't good enough, or that they need to be "perfect". I would teach self-love and self-acceptance and self-importance. Because there are millions and millions of cells inside your body rooting for you. They're screaming for life and all they care about? All they care about is you.

So if you think you're not good enough, or that you need to improve yourself, hear me now: you are enough. Do not listen to anyone who tells you otherwise, because you matter. You matter to your organs, who are working to keep you alive. You matter to your family, because they brought you into this world. You matter to me, because I have faith in you. You matter to your future self; because they need you to fight now for a brighter outlook for them.

Yes, I could improve myself in a number of ways. I suppose I am trying to do so, but nothing will ever be enough. There is no "perfect", that's part of human nature - we're constantly seeking more and moreandmoreandmoreandmore. Why don't we accept who we are now, and take advantage of the fact that there is no-one as good at being you, as you are?

Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts