On Being a Human

Hello. I'm A. I'm a human. Isn't that amazing?



The concept of humanity fascinates me entirely, but the debate on creation and how we formed baffles my mind to the extent that I can't stand discussing it on any level. Why? I'm not sure. It's frustrating. I appreciate that we exist for a reason and find a lot of enjoyment in discovering our purpose, yet I'm far from appreciation when it comes to the issue of how exactly we came to be. Maybe that's weird. I'm okay with that.

As an avid people-watcher, I have a love for people. I love how every person is so different. I love how each individual has their own quirks, or habits. I love how not two people share the same experience.  I love individuality.

But I'm not good with people. People make my stomach turn, my head bow, my mouth tangle. I run from teenagers on the street and the idea of having to suffer through meaningless weather conversations at shop checkouts is reason enough for me to not go altogether. I panic when ordering anything. I forget how to speak. I literally forget how to speak. Oops.

Being a human is a weird thing, isn't it? Being a human is fascinating, but also rather terrifying. I hope you'll journey with me through the daunting passage of life, and that I don't bore you too much!

Hi, I'm A. I'm sixteen years old and I often wish I lived in a fictional world. But I'm trying to accept reality. Trying.

Comments

  1. Alisha,

    I happened to stumble upon your blog completely by accident and to be honest, I do not regret finding it. You have written some truly beautiful words. Your blog triggered a wave of thoughts and ideas of my own and made ponder a range of concepts for hours after. This is completely random, I know. I just wanted to say that you've made me smile and you seem to explore some fairly relatable concepts. That's all for now. I'm really sorry for bothering you. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts